- This event has passed.
Grants and Funding: Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) Program
The Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) program is pleased to accept applications for grants that support one-year community driven projects. See below for more information on the application process.
The Environmental Justice Small Grants (EJSG) program awards grants that support projects designed to engage, educate, and empower communities to better understand local environmental and public health issues and develop strategies for addressing those issues, building consensus in the community, and setting community priorities. The EJSG program will award approximately $1.5 million nationwide for this competitive opportunity. EPA anticipates awarding approximately 50 grants (5 per EPA region) of up to $30,000 each. These grants are for one-year projects.
Full proposal due date: February 15, 2019 by 11:59 PM Eastern Time
See additional details at: FY2019 EJ Small Grants RFP webpage
Potential applicants are invited to participate in conference calls with EPA to address questions about the EJSG Program and this solicitation. Interested persons can access the pre-application assistance calls by dialing 866-299-3188 and entering the code 202-564-6349# when prompted. The following are the conference call dates and times (all times are Eastern Time):
- Thursday, December 6, 2018: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 (EJSCREEN tutorial for applicants): 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 (en Espanol): 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019: 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 31, 2019: 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Is my organization eligible?
- incorporated nonprofit organizations, including, but not limited to, environmental justice networks, faith-based organizations, and those affiliated with religious institutions;
- federally recognized tribal governments, including Alaska Native Villages; OR
- tribal organizations.
If your organization is NOT eligible, we encourage partnering with eligible entities on an EJSG project. See the request for proposals for more information.
How can I apply?
Click this link to go directly to the EJSG program website and access the full request for proposals, including instructions on applying through Grants.gov.
For questions regarding the application process please contact Rochelle Cole at email@example.com.