- This event has passed.
EPA Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Program: Submission and Selection Process Question and Answer Session
May 30 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm EDT
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced the availability of approximately $5.5 billion in credit that could finance over $11 billion in water infrastructure projects through the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA) program.
Established by the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act of 2014, the WIFIA program is a new federal loan and guarantee program at EPA. It aims to accelerate investment in our nation’s water infrastructure by providing long-term, low-cost supplemental credit assistance for regionally and nationally significant projects.
Prospective borrowers seeking WIFIA credit assistance must submit a letter of interest by July 6, 2018.
Learn more in this year’s Notice of Funding Availability.
Read EPA’s News Release.
New resources are available to assist prospective borrowers, including:
· Updated Letter of Interest form
· Updated Frequently Asked Questions
· Updated WIFIA Program Handbook
WIFIA credit assistance can be used for a wide range of projects, including:
- Drinking water treatment and distribution projects;
- Wastewater conveyance and treatment projects;
- Enhanced energy efficiency projects at drinking water and wastewater facilities;
- Desalination, aquifer recharge, alternative water supply, and water recycling project; and
- Drought prevention, reduction, or mitigation projects.
Get more information about WIFIA and this funding announcement.
To learn more about this program and how to apply, register for the LOI Submission and Selection Process Question and Answer Session on Wednesday, May 30, 2:00-3:30 EDT pm.