Webinar: Parks with Purpose – Community-Driven Green Infrastructure
September 6 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Green infrastructure projects have the potential to benefit both the environment and the community. Through their Parks with Purpose program, The Conservation Fund and partner organizations are designing and implementing green infrastructure in underserved urban communities while engaging and training residents to make way for lasting change. If you are an urban waters practitioner working at the intersection of stormwater management and community engagement, this webinar is for you!
In our upcoming webinar – Parks with Purpose: Community-Driven Green Infrastructure –members of The Conservation Fund and partner organizations in Atlanta, Kansas City and Baltimore share:
- The evolution of the Parks with Purpose program, including well-established programming to new projects in the planning phases
- Meaningful community engagement in vulnerable communities plagued by urban stormwater flooding
- Methods for sharing information between Parks with Purpose locations using Peer Exchanges
For more information on Parks with Purpose in Atlanta, see a recent Urban Waters Learning Network Impact Story about their work. This webinar is hosted by the Urban Waters Learning Network in cooperation with The Conservation Fund and Friends of Garret Park.
• Shannon Lee, The Conservation Fund, Atlanta, GA
• Jill Erickson, Heartland Conservation Alliance, Kansas City, MO
• Michael Dorsey, Friends of Garret Park, Baltimore, MD
• Stacia Turner, The Conservation Fund, Arlington, VA
• Caroline Bott, River Network
• Renee Mazurek, UWLN