National Science Foundation – Environmental Sustainability Grants – proposals due October 20, 2017 – The National Science Foundation’s Environmental Sustainability program promotes sustainable engineered systems that support human well-being while also being compatible with sustaining environmental systems. Read more about this funding opportunity here.
For an ongoing update on upcoming grants, please visit the Upcoming Opportunities page.
Websites to Review for Grants
- Urban Waters Small Grants – check back for future updates
- EPA Open Announcements for Competitive Grant Opportunities
- US Federal Government grants
- EPA programs listed in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA). The CFDA lists federal programs available to state and local governments, tribes, territories, public, quasi- public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions, specialized groups, and individuals.
- National Fish & Wildlife Foundation grants
Technical Assistance Opportunities
Various government agencies provide communities technical assistance, typically through a competitive process that have yearly deadlines.
- National Park Service, Rivers, Trails, Conservation Assistance Program (RTCA), Applicants need to contact and discuss needs with NPS staff prior to application. Annual deadline: June 30.
Tools to Build Your Capacity in Fundraising
- Grant Writing Best Practices and Inside Insights 2015, from a 2015 EPA Region 4 workshop
- “Targeting Your Grant Efforts Effectively” UWLN Webinar by Rick Magder, Groundwork USA
- How to Fundraise as a Team, from River Network’s River Fundraising Alert, Winter 2013
- Understanding, Managing, and Applying for EPA Grants