National Science Foundation – Environmental Sustainability Grants – proposals due October 20, 2017 – The National Science Foundation’s Environmental Sustainability program promotes sustainable engineered systems that support human well-being while also being compatible with sustaining environmental systems. Read more about this funding opportunity here.
Websites to Review for Grants
- Urban Waters Small Grants (2015-2016), RFP now closed, under review (3/18/2016)
- EPA Open Announcements for Competitive Grant Opportunities
- EPA Grant Competition Forecast for Calendar Year 2016
- US Federal Government grants
- EPA programs listed in the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA). The CFDA lists federal programs available to state and local governments, tribes, territories, public, quasi- public, and private profit and nonprofit organizations and institutions, specialized groups, and individuals.
- National Fish & Wildlife Foundation grants
Technical Assistance Opportunities
Various government agencies provide communities technical assistance, typically through a competitive process that have yearly deadlines.
- National Park Service, Rivers, Trails, Conservation Assistance Program (RTCA), Applicants need to contact and discuss needs with NPS staff prior to application. Deadline: June 30.
- Environmental Justice and Equity in Brownfields Redevelopment Technical Assistance, delivered through Groundwork USA. Rolling deadline
Tools to Build Your Capacity in Fundraising
- Grant Writing Best Practices and Inside Insights 2015, from a 2015 EPA Region 4 workshop
- “Targeting Your Grant Efforts Effectively” UWLN Webinar by Rick Magder, Groundwork USA
- How to Fundraise as a Team, from River Network’s River Fundraising Alert, Winter 2013
- Understanding, Managing, and Applying for EPA Grants